Hi, I have a good solution for listboxes in default state to operate their counterparts in alternate states, that crushed caveats like spaces and multiple value selections, thanks to QlikCommunity.
There's an interesting anomaly though, where if I have multiple values selected in one of the triggered fields, then make a selection in one of the other triggered fields, the field with multiple values selected clears itself. Fortunately this effect is negated by holding down the Control key while making selections. (Hold it for an extra second after the last selection to be safe, then let go.)
The anomaly is related to the OnSelect triggers. I can't duplicate it with the OnChange triggers (de-select a value).
Search String used in OnSelect:
='('&Concat(Distinct chr(34) & LastActiveYearMonth & chr(34),'|')&')'
Search String used in OnChange:
They don't seem to be interchangeable though. (Putting the OnSelect expression into the OnChange search string causes all values in the field to be selected pretty much whenever I do anything with field selections. Putting the OnChange expression into the OnSelect search string undoes all the success with selecting multiple values with spaces in a field.)
I wonder if setting up a single OnSelect trigger to operate the four fields in question would would solve the last anomaly, but no clue how to modify the trigger for that
Note: The mechanics of this are so subtle, and implications of a smart passive-Ctrl action under the triggered fields so weird, I won't be heartbroken if this doesn't get an answer.
I'm not sure if I understand your issue right - therefore just a few ideas which maybe need to combine them:
- locking from fields
- third parameter from getfieldselections (default could be too small)
- use of bookmarks
Thanks, I will try the suggestions and come back with help/correct answer credit when I'm a little less slammed at work. I will try to put together a sample file too if the suggestions don't solve it. (Either way I will share details about the solution if I land on a solution.)
FYI, we're doing a qv server update to bring us up to speed on the service releases first to see if that makes the phenomenon disappear. (We know for sure that at least a couple of the SRs will resolve other things we've noticed.) As I write this, I see Qlik is up to SR12 released June 9th 2015 - in case anyone was interested in that tidbit.
Fyi we went from 11.0 SR 2 to 11.2 SR 12 and now I can't duplicate this issue for the life of me, so guessing it was fixed in either the point release or one of the 10 SRs (bug fixes) we caught up.
I also removed some redundant triggers from the onopen trigger at the document level, but not sure those had anything to do with it since no onopen actions were happening while I was just moving around inside the document. Content to give credit to something in the heap of service releases and point release we got up to speed on.