cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

One List Box Controls Multiple Alternate States

Hi,

I use Alternate States in one of my Qlikivew apps. There're 3 new states plus 1 default state.

Now I want to create a list box of a Field that can control all the states at the same time. Is this possible? If not is there any other solution that may help me, like a Macro?

Thanks in advance.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
swuehl
MVP
MVP

You can specify different alternate states for a second action.

So I believe the suggested two approaches can both be extended to as many alternate states as you need.

Check attached.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

There are different approaches to your request.

For example, you can create a field event trigger in document properties to copy the selection in e.g. default state to alternate state AS1.

Or you can use a set expression in your chart to override the specific field selection in your alternate state from default state, something like

=sum({<Dim1=$::Dim1>}Expression1)

See attached a demo of both approaches (I assume you don't actually need to do selections in the alternate state list boxes then, I show them just for demonstration).

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks for your reply!

However this doesn't solve my problem, because you can only specify one alternate state on an event trigger. In my case, I need to change on two alternate states at the same time.

swuehl
MVP
MVP

You can specify different alternate states for a second action.

So I believe the suggested two approaches can both be extended to as many alternate states as you need.

Check attached.