Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

One-Way Associations in QlikView

Hi,

I know that Associations (Connections between tables in the datamodel) are always bidirectional and Circle References should be avoided. But sometimes one-way associations might be useful. Lets say I have two tables:

Stock

StockNameSome_Info
Daimler1
BMW2

Valuation:

StockName2Value
Daimler10
BMW15

If I would rename "StockName2" to "StockName", I would get an association that a selection of "Daimler" in the Stock Table results in a selection of Daimler in the valuation table. On the other hand, a selection of Daimler or even the Value 10 in the Valuation Table would also decrease the possible values in the Stock table. I have the requirement that the list of Stocks stays as it is, regardles of any selection in the valuation table. But a selection in the Stock table should be populated through the whole datamodel.

Is there any possibility that a selection in the Stock table has an influence on the valuation table but not vice versa?

I tried to work with triggers, but in a more complicated datamodel this is very complicated. Is there any possibility to customize associations to work only in one direction?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions 🙂

2 Replies
sunny_talwar

I don't think one-way association would be possible, but you can always use set analysis to ignore selections or use alternate state to achieve whatever you are looking to do.

Tee_dubs
Contributor III
Contributor III

I have exactly the same need.  In this instance would we have all the list boxes for the "stock" table in one state "stock" and the other tables/ list boxes in the default state. 

Then what would the set analysis syntax be.