Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

One action to affect many variables

Hi,

I am wondering if there is a way to use 1 "Set Variable" action to set the value of many variables (based on 1 original variable)?

For Example, I would like to use the value of a level1 variable to overwrite the values of relevant level2 variables.  The attached image is the essence of what I am trying to do but it doesn't work.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
3 Replies
rubenmarin

Hi Michael, I don't think is possible, but you can add more 'set variable' actions, they are executed in order.

Not applicable
Author

I managed to add a couple others (like you describe) for testing, but for full deployment I would need to do that about 150 times.  And that isn't maintainable if our list of products/business units changes.

I am quite experienced with developing VBA Macros in Excel, is there a resource that I can use to get familiar with the objects/classes and their properties/methods that are specific to the Qlikview environment?  Perhaps an object browser like?

Ideally I need some sort of scripted mechanism that does the same thing as the "Set Variable" action.

rubenmarin

The document in this link may help you:

QlikView Core COM API Guide - Version 11