Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
knightwriter
Creator III
Creator III

Open / Close action

Hi all,

I have two buttons with a variable action created for both so when I click button 1, list boxes pop up for button 1 and the same applies for button 2.

Problem is when I then click button 2, the list boxes for button 2 appear ontop of button 1.

Ideally, I would like when I select button1 than the list boxes for button 1 appear AND the variable list boxes for button 2 disappear and visa versa.

Thanks.

4 Replies
vindhya_giri
Creator II
Creator II

Hi

For this you need to reset the variable for button 2  and the list boxes in it.

In the button properties, Actions, set variable(Example vFilter and value as 1. give the condition to all the listboxes in layout tab as vFilter=1. Then only list boxes with condition vFilter=1 will be visible under button 1. Repeat the same for  Button 2 and the listboxes under that button. Like: vFilter=2 and the listbox conditions as vFiletr=2.

Thanks!

Not applicable

Create a variable vShowListBox and set an action for each button to assign a value to the variable (Action Type - External, Action - Set Variable) so button one would assign a value of 1 and button two a value of 2.

Next on the layout tab of list box one add a conditional show expression vShowListBox = 1.  Do a similar one for list box two.

See attached.

Not applicable

you need to have each button set the same variable to a different value - 1 for list box 1 and 2 for list box 2

On the layout tab (see picture below, you will check Conditional in the expression for each listbox would be variable = 1 for lsit box 1 and variable name = 2 for list box 2.  Since the variable will be only 1 or 2 only one list box will show at a time

Not applicable

Hi

I opine that there are multiple ways in achieving this. Here if you are using a single variable, you can analyze and follow the above explained procedure(s) and get you job done but if you are using multiple variables (one for each button) then you can follow the below assumptions and procedure :

Assumptions :

Nomenclature for buttons and list box's:

There are two buttons whose title's are 'ID' and 'Name' respectively.

There are two list box's whose title's are 'ID' and 'Name' respectively.

There are two variables corresponding to two buttons (or list box's) namely 'vShowIDlb' and 'vShowNamelb'. These variables do not have any value assigned to them yet.

Procedure :

A. For button with title 'ID', create two actions as stated below :

(a) Create a 'Set Variable' action and set a value (1) to the 'vShowIDlb' variable (vShowIDlb = 1).

(b) Create another 'Set Variable' action and set a value (0) to the 'vShowNamelb' variable (vShowNamelb = 0).

B. For button with title 'Name', create two actions as stated below :

(a) Create a 'Set Variable' action and set a value (1) to the 'vShowNamelb' variable (vShowNamelb = 1).

(b) Create another 'Set Variable' action and set a value (0) to the 'vShowIDlb' variable (vShowIDlb = 0).

C. In the 'ID' list box's properties -> under the 'Layout' tab -> In 'Show' section -> select 'Conditional' and set a value (1) to the 'vShowIDlb' variable (vShowIDlb = 1).

F. In the 'Name' list box's properties -> under the 'Layout' tab -> In 'Show' section -> select 'Conditional' and set a value (1) to the 'vShowNamelb' variable (vShowNamelb = 1).

Now, whenever you click on button with title 'ID', only the list box whose title is 'ID' is displayed and whenever you click on button with title 'Name', only the list box whose title is 'Name' is displayed.

Hope you understood...