Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ivandrago
Creator II
Creator II

Open In server - Unable to See Folders underneath Server Name

Hi,

I have new server and I have installed the latest version Qlikview Insallation 12.10.20700.0 SR9, after I did this I installed the latest QlikView Desktop.

I am trying to lease a licence by doing the following

• Open the Qlikview Desktop
  • Click File > Open in Server...
  • In the Server section I have put in the qvp://[ServerName]
  • I then Click on "Connect"
  • I then see the Server Name underneath but I do not see any folders underneath that, meaning I cannot Open which then means it won't lease a licence

Any ideas? If I put one of the old server paths I can see the folders but I don't want to lease from them

Thanks

5 Replies
Colin-Albert

Do you have file permissions to access the folders where the QVWs are published on the server?

ivandrago
Creator II
Creator II
Author

What permissions would I need to put on there? The service Account or the Qlikview Administrator Group? And what type of Permission Read/Write?

Colin-Albert

Hi Ivan,

The users who are accessing the report need to have read access to the folder and the qvw file.

These permissions are normally set by the QlikView distribution task, but it is worth checking the effective permissions for the files and folders.

i.e. You need to check that your active directory login has access to the files and folders.

balabhaskarqlik

May be, its due to the IP Address that used to connect to the Server, replace it with the server name and it'll work .

Or
MVP
MVP

The quickest way to make sure everything works - and to lease a license - is to create an empty QVW, put it in your primary Qlik folder, and access that.