Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pauldamen
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Open PDF doc in Qlikview

All,

I have a list of 120 projects in Qlikview. When 1 project is selected I need to open a PDF document with project details. All the PDF's are stored in one folder with the Filename: [Project ID].pdf. The Project ID corresponds with the ID in Qlikview.

How can I dynamically open the PDF doc when 1 project is selected through a button? Inline loads are not a option since the projects change so specifiying all docs in the script is to much work. I tried to add the Lauch command to a button but can't seem to get it to work.

Hope you guys can help!

Regards,

Paul

5 Replies
Not applicable

This is possible..

Using action -->Launch, we can do it..

Here I am sharing "Find my files". This is almost same logic

Regards,,

Karthik

pauldamen
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

Dear Karthik,

Thanks for you help but this is a bit complicated for me. I see the first page off the script were it generates file names. Lets say I just have 1 fixed file location how can I then load all the files in that path in Qlikview?

I attached my file. Hope you can help.

Regards,

Paul

Not applicable

Attachment missing..

Not applicable

Hi Paul,

I can't undertand your file..

So I have created separate example.. Here I have done for "txt" files. You can change it "Pdf" files..

Attached one folder also. You have to paste that in "D:\" drive after unzipped..

Karthk

Anonymous
Not applicable

Very useful!

We are developing a dashboard and intend to see folders and subfolders files in the same grid, but did not have a good logic till now.

Congrats

Rubens