Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
psankepalli
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Open QVW Error at Server

Hello Experts,

I have a production test.qvw file. which has been published and distributed. All users using it. I donot have any issues. But what I noticed is when ever I tries to open the QVW to do some modifications/Changes initially its giving the error saying that

Error: Windows Cannot find 'D:\QV Develpment\XYZ\Test.qvw'. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again. To search for a file, Click the start button, and then click search.

With OK button.

if you click on OK button application will open, or if you wait for few minutes again application will open.

Its not discurbing my work, buts its giving these error, is it something going to disturb my production application in future.

Environment : QV 11.20 SR10

Windows Server 2003 R2.

Note: I have many applications running in the same server but never faced any problem with any.

Please give me your inputs.

2 Replies
datanibbler
Champion
Champion

Hi,

I have faced similar issues in the past. It was usually due to the fact that I typed a drive_letter as part of the path to a base_file (whether qvd or anything else) and the server did not know that - I just had to replace that with the full URL.

But you say when you click the OK button, it does open? So there is not really an error, but Windows only thinks there is?

psankepalli
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Hello DataNibbler,

Thank you very much for your reply.

Yes, irrespective of pressing OK button or not, my Document is opening. Bu I noticed one thing, this Document taking approximately 3 mins to open. Usevally it takes 30-45 secs. is that happening because of that.

Thanks

SP