Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shyamcharan
Creator III
Creator III

'Open Qlikview Document' Action on Access point not working

Hi Experts,

I am trying to use the 'Open QlikView Document' Action in a button and pass the parameters using the 'Transfer State' option.

This seems to be working on desktop application abut not on the access point.

The link is quite different to what it is when i open the second-linked document directly as shown below. Because the link is not correct it throws me file not found error. Can anyone please tell why I get such a wrong link generated and how to fix it. or please tell me the right way to open the document with the selections made int he first dashboard.

This is what the link is when i open the dashboard2 directly:

http://localhost/QvAJAXZfc/opendoc.htm?document=MacMahon%2FPublished%2FReports%2FDashboard2.qvw&host...

Using the 'Open QlikView Document' Action using button:

http://localhost/QvAJAXZfc/opendoc.htm?document=macmahon\02_code\published\reports\Dashboard2.qvw&ho...

Thanks heaps in advance.

Regards,

Shyam.

9 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

macmahon\02_code\published\reports\Dashboard2.qvw looks like something generated from a file path. The result is that it's not encoded correctly into an url. Try using the first url for the action of the button.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
shyamcharan
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Thanks Gysbert.

Yes, that's correct. I got this fixed by changing the path at the root folder direction on the QMC Folder tab.

I get the other QVW's opened and even transfer the selections.

Thanks heaps.

Shyam.

musketeers
Creator
Creator

Hi Shyam,

Please guide me as I am also in same issue.

What changes u have done in URL.

Thanks

Rajneesh

tanvi_madan1
Partner - Contributor III

How does the below links gets open directly without asking for the credential?

For me its asking credential, i want to skip it, Please let me know what are the settings for the same so that it directly gets open ??

http://localhost/QvAJAXZfc/opendoc.htm?document=MacMahon%2FPublished%2FReports%2FDashboard2.qvw&host...

shyamcharan
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi Rajneesh,

I have changed dashboard path in the root folder location. I have placed the exact path in this place. I have attached a screenshot of the same. Also in actions just mention the report with its extension.

Thanks,

Shyam

shyamcharan
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi Tanvi,

Once you are logged in you should not be asked for login again. Unless you close the browser or open up the document in a new browser.

If the issue still persists then not sure though.

Regards,

Shyam

tanvi_madan1

Hi shyam,

Thanks for reply...

Do you have any idea as how i can use the iframe in a webstie to open a qlikview doucment without login to qlikview accesspoint?? and my qlikview server as authorization has NTlogin.  I want create like single sign on but without changing the authorization to DMS mode... 

Regards,

Tanvi

tanvi_madan1

Hi shyam,

Thanks for reply...

Do you have any idea as how i can use the iframe in a webstie to open a qlikview doucment without login to qlikview accesspoint?? and my qlikview server as authorization has NTlogin.  I want create like single sign on but without changing the authorization to DMS mode...

Regards,

Tanvi

Not applicable

Hi Shyam,

I am having issues with getting the Oepn QlikView document on access point, I am using the second document link as visible o access point, could you please point me to what changes you made to get it to work?