Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
greeshma_kalath
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

Open URL in a new browser window

Hi All,

I have a requirement where i need to open an external URL. I am using the open URL button action and it works fine but the page opens up either in the same tab or a different tab of the browser window. Is there a way to open it as a new browser window?

Regards,

Greeshma

10 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

I believe you are talking in view only. If so, yes there is checkboxes for that action to open in new window. You have to enable that

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
greeshma_kalath
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor
Author

The checkbox option will open either in the same tab or a separate tab of the window. I want the link to open as a new window. The idea is to let the user have two separate windows which they can resize and do a side by side comparison of data shown in QV and the external link that is opened.

Anil_Babu_Samineni

What you mean by 2 seperate windows. How u want to compare each using url

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Can they drag to tab to a new window?

-Rob

greeshma_kalath
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor
Author

No, dragging will not be a good option for them.

greeshma_kalath
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor
Author

2 separate browser windows

Anil_Babu_Samineni

I cant dispense without knowing something. How 2 windows want to compare using URL?

greeshma_kalath
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor
Author

The URL will just take the user to a screen where they have to input some information. The input will be based on the data that they see in the Qlikview dashboard.

greeshma_kalath
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor
Author

Just to simplify things. My question is can we open an external URL as a new browser window?