Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
zenobendi
Contributor III
Contributor III

Open an object on another sheet with a button

Hi,

Probably is a simple question but I am not able to find a solution. So I have two different sheet, on one sheet I have some charts and I have to create some buttons that automatically activate the other sheet and open specific objects. 

It could be even better if there is the possibility to create a button that open an object (that is in another sheet ) in the sheet where I actually am, so without activating another sheet.

Thanks

Zeno

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
FKoenig
Contributor
Contributor

Rather than minimize the object, utilize a button to revert your variable back.  You can even use the same button, if you like, and modify the button text to indicate the state of the object.

Change your button action to read something like:
=IF($(vShowTab)=1,0,1)

And your text on the button could then read:

=IF($(vShowTab)=1,'Hide Object','Show Object')

View solution in original post

2 Replies
zenobendi
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Or another possibility, probably the best, is to create a button to show the object that is hide in the chart. I've tried to create a variable (vShowTab) and put it in the object and in the graph and it works well (the object is hide and when i press the button it shows/open the object) but when I minimize the object it doesn't disappearze.PNGze1.PNGze2.PNG

FKoenig
Contributor
Contributor

Rather than minimize the object, utilize a button to revert your variable back.  You can even use the same button, if you like, and modify the button text to indicate the state of the object.

Change your button action to read something like:
=IF($(vShowTab)=1,0,1)

And your text on the button could then read:

=IF($(vShowTab)=1,'Hide Object','Show Object')