Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
informnes
Contributor II
Contributor II

Open .qvw file - too slow

Hello community,

I have following problem:

When i open a certain .qvw file, the load time is about 45 sec.

One of my friend (almost same hardware configuration) needs only 18 sec to load the .qvw file.

If we open the .qvw file on our server, the load time is about 2 min.

My hardware configuration:

8 * 2,7 Ghz processor

16 GB RAM

My friend hardware configuration:

4 * 2,7 Ghz processor

16GB RAM

Server configuration:

4*2,7 Ghz

8GB RAM

The .qvw file is about 86MB

Can anybody help me/give me so tips?

Regards

Simon

2 Replies
geam1988
Creator
Creator

Hello Simon,

Is your problem solved ? I am also having same problem.

Regards

Kazi

petter
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

With a 86MB footprint of the QVW it shouldn't be expanding into much more than a maximum 2GB memory footprint when loaded. You can check that with the Windows Task Manager after it has loaded. So I would guess that the problem might be the recalculations that it does just after havning loaded it from disk into memory.

So it is most probably a "badly" designed data model and/or very poorly designed expressions (calculations) that eat up a lot of bandwidth I guess.

The quickest test to check if it is really the amount of data along with the data model or if it is the expressions you could either create an empty sheet as the first sheet of the application or remove all sheets from the applications and store the modified application (QVW) in a new file and see how fast it loads.

The first option I haven't tried but it should work as QlikView shouldn't do any calculations on sheets that aren't visible - but I am not 100% sure whether that is the case after having just loaded an application into memory.  That's why I suggest the other option as an alternative.