Skip to main content
Announcements
Customer Spotlight: Discover what’s possible with embedded analytics Oct. 16 at 10:00 AM ET: REGISTER NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Opening an external File from Qlikview

I have a straight table. If the user clicks one of the dimension values, an external File (Excel file in my case should be opened)

For Eg:

In my Straight Table, I have a Dimension called Brand

Brand
BMW
Audi
Hyundai

When user clicks BMW, an external file should be opened ie in my case, an excel file should be downloaded when User clicks BMW.

Is this possible in Qlikview? If so, how can that be done?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
tamilarasu
Champion
Champion

I guess there is no way to add url as dimension. I read somewhere once and somewhat achieved the result from that knowledge.  Check it and let me know.

!

View solution in original post

5 Replies
tamilarasu
Champion
Champion

Check the attachment and change the path according to your requirment.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Nagaraj, Thanks for that. I want to open different files for different values.

This is my Straight Table.

Brand          Sales

BMW             15

Audi               20

Hyundai          30

Here Brand is a Dimension and Sales is an expression. If BMW is clicked, a file related to BMW should be opened. Similarly if Audi is clicked, Audi file should be opened. How to do this?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

jagantresescogwassenaar

Hi Guys, Can you throw some light on this about How this can be done? Or is this possible in Qlikview?

tamilarasu
Champion
Champion

I guess there is no way to add url as dimension. I read somewhere once and somewhat achieved the result from that knowledge.  Check it and let me know.

!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks Nagaraj. That's a brilliant hack to overcome that challenge.