Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Community Office Hours, March 20th. Former Talend Community users, ask your questions live. SIGN UP
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Opening an old qvd in the personal version of Qlikview

Hi all

I am going into an interview on Thursday and need to open several old files that I created in Qlikview, but the personal version I downloaded will not let me open the file.  Is there a way that I can view that code in the qvd's without using qlikview?

This is very important for this interview withe Qlikview Consulting services.

Thanks in advance.

4 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

You can open qvd files with tools like qeye and qviewer. But that's for qvd files, not qvw files. You can try opening a .qvw with a text editor so you can look at the DocumentInfo part that's xml. But you won't be able to see the script of the document, only variables, expressions and definitions of sheet objects. For anything more you need a licensed Qlikview Desktop.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

Gysbert, thanks for mentioning QViewer. Here is the direct link to QViewer's website - http://easyqlik.com

Not applicable
Author

Thanks guys for all your help but all the files i need to open are .qvw.  And I tried opening the .qvw file in text editor and only got garbage.

Not applicable
Author

If you just need to retrieve the script, you can send it to someone who will open it and send you as a txt file.

send me a message if you are interested.