cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
manishkumar75
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Organisational Chart

Is it possible to create organization chart in QlikView?

8 Replies
Not applicable

I agree that QlikView is not the ideal application for developing an org chart. That being said, I don't know why you couldn't.

Setting up the data would really depend on the organization. How deep do you need to go? If you have a fixed number of levels, it wouldn't be too difficult.

The visualization is where you'd probably run into the limitations. With a fixed number of levels and a table chart, you could probably create something that resembled an org chart. If you were looking at using textboxes with connecting lines (something like what you'd see in a Vizio org chart) then you'd probably need some pretty wild macros to make it dynamic enough. If you're trying to develop something that looks good, then you're probably better served with another application.

Anonymous
Not applicable

It is possible, but IMHO it doesn't worth the efforts. In fact, I did create it once, spent a lot of time, and eventualy we chose another tool.
Limitations in my case - had to know the max number of levels in hierarchy, and the max number of items in each level. The script wasn't that long, and only two macros. But I should add that it was abandoned and never finished.

Regards,
Michael

adhudson
Creator II
Creator II

Hi Michael,

I have the same requirement from one of my clients.

Can you please share the extension object that you have created or atleast the coding of the extension?

I would really feel helpful.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Hudson

Anonymous
Not applicable

Andrew,
It was before the extension objects existed.  I used only text boxes and lines., exactly as NMiller described above.

Regards,
Michael

Not applicable

For organisational charts you have two options: You can use the tree view of any standard list box to show a hierarchycal view, or you could use the OrgChart extension included in the QlikView 11 examples to show this type of charts.

Here you have a snapshot from a document with the two options:

Capture.PNG

Regards,

Juan Gerardo

Not applicable

Thanks for you infromation Gerardo , but as I can configure this extention??

Regards

Not applicable

If you download QV11, you will have also a file called "Extension Examples.qar". You can open this file with QV to install some extensions (included the OrgChart) in the QV Desktop. You have also a QlikView application "Extension Examples.qvw" to show all these extensions in one document (remember to open it in webview mode).

To install the extensions in the server, follow the Server Manual (it is as easy as copy and paste one folder). If you want to create or edit an extension, you have information in the QlikView SDK.

Regards

Not applicable

Hi Juan,

I ran/install the Extension Examples.qar, but I can't see any option or additional object on sheet object. Can you please help where I can find org chart after extension installation?

Thanks,

Nasim