Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Out of Virtual Memory Issue?

Hi,

Need a clarification about the below shown issue.. I'm using the version 10.00.8935.7 SR2 for windows 32 bit OS obtained from free download in qlikview web site.

Thanks.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
erichshiino
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

QlikView works with a in-memory data model.

So, when you open the application all the data will be allocated in the computer RAM memory.

Depending on how much memory you have available (considering that you may be running other programs on the machine) and on the data you are loading or analysing, when there is no memory available you get this error.

I suggest you check how much memory you have on your system when you open QlikView using windows task manager.

Hope this helps,

Erich

View solution in original post

2 Replies
erichshiino
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

QlikView works with a in-memory data model.

So, when you open the application all the data will be allocated in the computer RAM memory.

Depending on how much memory you have available (considering that you may be running other programs on the machine) and on the data you are loading or analysing, when there is no memory available you get this error.

I suggest you check how much memory you have on your system when you open QlikView using windows task manager.

Hope this helps,

Erich

Not applicable
Author

Hi Erich,

You are right Erich. I have opened many programs while working in QlikView. After your clarification, I'm very consious about opening multiple programs while working in qlik view. Thanks a lot for the clarification.

Thanks