Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fkeuroglian
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

P() and E()

Hi Expert 

I want to create a report that said me if one DOCUMENT buy other product in the last 12 months, for example in this case the report have to return only 12345 a 10/2/2016 because in this actual month(08 august) the same document but other product in the last 12 months(10/02/2016 mont=february)

DocumentProductDate
12345a10/2/2016
12345b10/8/2016
455a10/8/2016
887c10/2/2016

I have to use P() and E() FUNCTIONS?

somebody have an example to applicate to this case?

Thanks a lot

ATTACHED THIS SAME EXCEL

3 Replies
pablolabbe
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi Fernando,

Can you post an example of the final result that you need ?

Pablo

pablolabbe
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

A short explanation about each function

P() let you define an element set based on possible values for a field implied by selections defined inside the parenthesis.

Example:

sum( {$<Customer = P({1<Product={‘Shoe’}>} Customer)>} Sales )
returns the sales for current selection, but only those customers that ever have bought the product ‘Shoe’. The element function P( ) here returns a list of possible customers; those that are implied by the selection ‘Shoe’ in the field Product.

E() let you define an element set based on excluded values of a field implied by selections defined inside the parenthesis.

Example:

sum( {$<Customer = E({1<Product={‘Shoe’}>})>} Sales )
returns the sales for current selection, but only those customers that never bought the product ‘Shoe’. The element function E( ) here returns the list of excluded customers; those that are excluded by the selection ‘Shoe’ in the field Product.

fkeuroglian
Partner - Master
Partner - Master
Author

Pablo, this will be the result

12345 a 10/2/2016

because at this month(august) buy another product(b) and as the line show, he bought some other product(a) in the last 12 months

thanks