Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Parallel data extract (Oracle tables) into QVD files from Qlik Sense.

I am new to Qlik sense, so please correct me if I am wrong.

I have couple of big tables in Oracle that I want to extract into QLik Sense by making QVD files. Lets call it Table1 (40 millions) and Table2 (60 million). If I do it linearly, then it takes 3 hours and 4.5 hours respectively so a total of 7.5 hours to extract. I also read that there is parallel data extract capability in Qlik Sense but I am not able to find an example.

So my questions are:

1. Can these tables be loaded in parallel so that they entire load takes 4.5 hours rather than 7.5 hours?

2. I wanted to know, if there is a faster way of loading these records?

I am using Qlik sense desktop 3.1

oracle: 11g

Network: Private corporate network.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
SergeyMak
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

Hi,

You can't have in one app, but why can't you have two Extract apps running at the same moment and extraction data from two tables at the same moment.

Regarding the amount of rows I would recommend to take a look at incremental load.

It will decrease daily load time significantly

Regards,

Sergey

Regards,
Sergey

View solution in original post

4 Replies
SergeyMak
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

Hi,

You can't have in one app, but why can't you have two Extract apps running at the same moment and extraction data from two tables at the same moment.

Regarding the amount of rows I would recommend to take a look at incremental load.

It will decrease daily load time significantly

Regards,

Sergey

Regards,
Sergey
Not applicable
Author

Thanks Sergey.

I just wanted to confirm if it can be done in One app or not, because the link I referred to did not have a concrete answer. Appreciate your help.

Regards,

Mayank

SergeyMak
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

Hi Mayank,

From what I know you can't do it in one app, because the load script is linear and being executed line by line

Regards,

Sergey

Regards,
Sergey
Not applicable
Author

I will second that, because even I tried to lookup for the solution but could not find one.

Regards,

Mayank