cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sreelathamohan
Contributor II
Contributor II

Pareto Chart

I have a pareto chart in my application (see attached). Some of the dimension values are Null. When I suppress NUll values I don't see the 100% on the Cumulative Line chart. But I show Null values then I can see the cumulative % values until 100%. How do I show 20 - 100% all values and not count Null dimension values for the chart?

34 Replies
sunny_talwar

I can't really tell much by looking at images. Also, QlikView doesn't really allow me to load data from image files.

sreelathamohan
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Sunny - I have attached a sample data model and sample data (data from tables in different sheets). 

Every complaint is attached to a part and has a reason and reason detail. One row can only have one reason but multiple reason details separated by ;

Pareto by Reason works fine but the issue is on the pareto by reason detail. On the data model you will see Reason Details table which is one per row. So if a complaint/part row has 3 reason details then this table will contain 3 rows with the same pid and values for the reason details. When I do pareto by reason detail the sum Total does not work. Looks like it only shows the total by Reason. Would the data model and sample data help you identify what's causing this. 

I am really stuck here since I am not sure if it is a problem with the data model or just some tweaks needed on the expressions. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

sreelathamohan
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

I have a pareto chart (bar chart for sum(qty) by one dimension and line chart for cumulative %). I need to show bars with their respective dimension values until 80% and then a sharp spike from 80% to 100% with one last bar showing "Others" as dimension value for the bar. 

I don't know if it is possible to use the cumulative % expression itself within the calculated dimension. Any thoughts please.

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Have a look at the following Design Blog post, I believe it may be very helpful to you, there is are a couple additional links at the bottom of this one to two other posts, just FYI, hopefully one of these will get you what you are missing.

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-Design-Blog/Recipe-for-a-Pareto-Analysis/ba-p/1468497

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.
sreelathamohan
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thank you for responding. But I did look at those posts already and still can't figure out a way to use calculated dimension based on the cumulative %. Thanks again..