cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rsdhavle
Creator II
Creator II

Passing all values from a field in Match() function

We have a requirement where we want to pass all values from one field in match function so that we can only show grand total column in a table. can we pass all values in match function together or we have to explicitly mention each value

7 Replies
PrashantSangle

Not getting what are you trying to do??

can you elaborate little bit more. Where you want to do this execution.

check exist(), Total in front end.

Regards

Great dreamer's dreams never fulfilled, they are always transcended.
Please appreciate our Qlik community members by giving Kudos for sharing their time for your query. If your query is answered, please mark the topic as resolved 🙂
marcus_sommer

Please provide more details, for example a few sample data and the result which you expect.

- Marcus

saimahasan
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

If you want to have only grand total column in table, why are you using table?? you can have it in textbox also

rsdhavle
Creator II
Creator II
Author

I have one field name client and we are calculating certain expression in one table on this dimension however this table has restricted data.

I just need to place one more table beside this in exact same format as original table which will only show Grand Total column so i am trying to make a copy of same table and using a match function just making other columns null and keeping grand total column.

I just want to know lets say FieldA contains 1,2,3..1000 values. Do i need to mention all these values explicitly in match function condition or  there is any way i can just compare all values together in match function

marcus_sommer

I don't think that you will need the match-function else something like:

sum(TOTAL value)  // without or ignoring all dimensions

or

sum(TOTAL <YourMainDimension> value) // considering one or more dimensions

- Marcus

rsdhavle
Creator II
Creator II
Author

How can i hide dimension column in this case? as i need to only show grand total column

marcus_sommer

I don't think that you need to hide the detail-dimensions else just simply remove them from these table.

- Marcus