Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sunny_talwar

Password Protection with or without Section Access

Hi Experts

Is it possible to password protect a QVW document without using Section Access?

Thanks,

Sunny

Message was edited by: Sunny T Updated the title so that people don't get confused about the selected solution. The important thing is that I needed to accomplish my requirement which was to have a password protected document without linking it to any specific user. I was under the impression that it wasn't possible using Section Access, but I was proved wrong. So changing the title from '...without Section Access' to '...with or without Section Access'.

27 Replies
sunny_talwar
Author

I don't know if it can be achieved without Section Access or not, but it can definitely be resolved using Section Access.

tamilarasu
Champion
Champion

Thanks. Actually, I was not aware about this. Just curious, is there any way to prevent this issue.!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

So , why you made that Section Access code shared by swuehl as a Correct answer If you have not got the correct answer??

Your Question is without SA and you are marking with SA as a correct answer

sunny_talwar
Author

I changed the question

Anonymous
Not applicable

Now Its all clear...Earlier it was confusing one

Not applicable

Suppose i Use the Section Access option and i want to reload the qvw using task in QMEC. What should be the section access code given the distribution service runs as domain1\user1 account.

I just want to enable password protection and my qvw should work just as before

Password Protection with or without Section Access

stijnval
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi,

Can we use a similar solution in Qlik Sense? I've tried the above script but I just get access denied and don't get an option to fill in any password (as expected i guess). Or is there another way to password protect a stream or app?

Thanks a lot in advance!

Cheers,

Stijn

nedcliqs
Contributor III
Contributor III

Worked for me, thanks.