Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stabben23
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Pdf distribution with bookmark

Hi, i have a problem to distribute a pdf file with a bookmark. I have create a bookmark, when I select the bookmark in the application then preview the report it looks exectly how it should looks like. After I create a task in QEMC and reduce by bookmark and choose the correct pdf report something wrong happens. The report don´t contains the same data. The report is this year VS last year and is builded by set analysis, and it´s only this year that contains data in the pdf.  My version is 10 SR3. //Stabben

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

Stabben,

This happened because you reduced by the bookmark. Reducing removes all data not associated with the selected. So in QV Desktop, you can select the bookmark and use set analysis to ignore year selections. But if you reduce, then all non-selected years get wiped out of the data.

Instead of reducing, you might want to modify your set analysis to use the max() of the year. If nothing is selected, then it will take the maximum year, which would presumably be today.

Regards,

Vlad

View solution in original post

2 Replies
vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

Stabben,

This happened because you reduced by the bookmark. Reducing removes all data not associated with the selected. So in QV Desktop, you can select the bookmark and use set analysis to ignore year selections. But if you reduce, then all non-selected years get wiped out of the data.

Instead of reducing, you might want to modify your set analysis to use the max() of the year. If nothing is selected, then it will take the maximum year, which would presumably be today.

Regards,

Vlad

stabben23
Partner - Master
Partner - Master
Author

Thanks Vlad, modify the expression was the trick, no set analysis, instead of max() as you said I use sum(if(Year =Year(today())-1, [Net weight]).
Now it works with reduce by bookmark in the publisher. //Stabben