cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
qlikconsultant
Creator III
Creator III

Performance Measurement of Reports?

I’m trying to improve the Performance of a Report.  How can I measure the Performance of the report? Especially for the User?

6 Replies
Colin-Albert

You can see how much memory and the calculation time for objects on the Sheet Properties.

Settings \ Document Properties \ Sheets

SheetPerfromance.JPG.jpg

qlikconsultant
Creator III
Creator III
Author

I tried your solution but i see only 0 at CalcTimer and Memory.

Colin-Albert

If the calculations are cached then you will see zero.

Are there particular performance issues you are looking to address?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Not applicable

Hi Markus,

As Colin said, when you see Calc time, you will see the current (last selection state) Calc Time for any given object. If this selection has been already cached, this measure will not be effective.

Mi advice is to close qlikview desktop to clear the cash. Once this is done, re open the QVW and open the target sheet (Maximize objects if needed so they get calculated) You can go under Document Settings --> General Tab --> Mem Statistics. This will export all current Calc Time of your objects so you can later on analyze this information (loading it back into a qlikview app)

Also, notice that the ammount of users and user behaviour will have huge impact in the app performance..

qlikconsultant
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Ok I restarted the QlikView client and I get values. But the calculation time has variation after every start. So form my impression is more an indicator and good for fine tuning.

My performance issue is that I have a 1.6 GB Report with 20 Tabs. I can’t reduce the tabs or the data size. So at the moment I try to get as much performance as possible. For that I try different approaches and I’m looking for a way to compare my solutions.