Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Performance Optimisation and Multiple Fact Tables

Hi All

Does anyone have any documentation/links to documentation on how best to optimize the performance of a QVD with multiple FACT tables (or any general guidance for that matter).

I know there are methods such as concatenation, joins, etc.  But I do not know what balance to strike between having too many tables in my qvw vs joining too much data together and creating a monster table.  I would ideally like a bit more of a scientific approach to structuring my qvw models.

Any assistance, particularly referring me onto documents, would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

Steve

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Hi Steve,

PFA few documents related to data modelling and optimization. Found them on community only.

Hope it helps!

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi Steve,

PFA few documents related to data modelling and optimization. Found them on community only.

Hope it helps!

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Shyamal

I was looking for a more scientific approach but I had guessed that such guidance does not exist.

However, these two documents are really good, most of it I've already picked up here and there, but it's great to have it consolidated and there's plenty of new techniques to take into account.

Again, many thanks for your reply.

Steve