cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kushal_Chawda

Performance improvement from 11 to 12

Hi Experts,

I have few doubts regarding migrating from 11 to 12

How performance will be improved when we migrate to 12?  Will it improve selection response time?

I just need to understand what performance improvements are done in QlikView 12

hicrwunderlich marcus_sommer stalwar1gwassenaar‌  troyansky

11 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

I know i am not the person who cares the Performance internally, But recently i came to know these?

When we upgrade to any recent version off course, There might be come advantages and disadvantages. I have gone this earlier. I got some changes and i clear to know those. I would simply ask you to read each and every point with Architecture and agenda by help of sticky paper to know the engine of Qlik products (QIX - Engine) Migration questions : Qlikview 11.0 SR2 to 12.1 SR3

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
Kushal_Chawda
Author

Hi Anil, thanks for your response. But my question is more on performance after upgrading to version 12.

Chanty4u
MVP
MVP

bhai,

may be he will help you  i believe

ghd

Kushal_Chawda
Author

Thanks chanty bhai

Kushal_Chawda
Author

Hello Experts,

any suggestions ?

sunny_talwar

Adding few others

pcammaert

marcowedel

marcus_sommer

Until now I have no own experience with QV 12. But AFAIK there are only slight changes by the engine from a performance point of view (mostly it was a harmonizing with the Sense engine) so that I wouldn't expect significantly performance differences between 11 and 12 within the most environments unless it's a multi cluster environment which should get some improvements (but this is just from hearsay).

- Marcus

Kushal_Chawda
Author

thanks Marcus for your reply.  I have then another question, how QIX engine makes QV 12 different?

marcus_sommer

I have seen a very good presentation from hic to the QIX engine by the qlik dev group meeting in Hamburg last year but don't remember it well enough in the details. Maybe Henric could give you an answer here.

- Marcus