Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Performance issue when displaying too many expressions in a straight table

Hi,

I am new to qlikview,I have been working on an application wherein we have to display around 150 expressions in a straight table with a horizontal representation and this is hindering the performance by taking too much of time.So can anyone please  explain how this situation can be handled. I am attaching an excel that depicts a sample of the straight table that is causing performance issues in the application.

6 Replies
kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

HI Anushree,

One thing here to understand is, all expression takes a little time to calculate, so it is obvious that if you keep 150 expressions then it will take a while to calculate and show.

I want to ask you that is all expression is necessary to show at the same time. I dont think so any BI user will be interested to see 150 expression in one go.

So you can use the enable condition feature of QlikView where, depending on some conditions you can enable and disable expression, this will help you to show the expression as per yours want.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Better to remove your expression from straight table and try to write  your expression in load script(Edit Script) because it will reduce performance issue.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Not applicable
Author

Hi Ashutosh,

I did think about the option you have suggested,but the issue is that incase i load  the value in the script(i.e., value resulting from the expression) of the application then the fiters like year, month etc cannot be applied.So this approach cannot be applied

Not applicable
Author

Hi Kaushik,

I understand your thought on using enable and disable option but the user's requirement clearly states that they would want to see all the expressions at one go in a report format.So please let me know if there is any turn around on this issue

kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

I dont think so there is any other way.

Else you can try to push heavy calculations of the Expression into Script as Ashutosh said.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki    

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Can you please attach your sample file so it will be helpful to find other better solution.

Thanks,

Ashutosh