Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Performance problem

Hi,

We are running our QlikView document (V 11.0 SR1) on a a 16 core CPU and  32GB RAM server. The qvw document is 1.2 GB and contains about 25 milions lines of data in total from numerous tables. Our average number of user is about 20.

Even if we do not see any %100 utilization of CPU and RAM we are facing performance problems.  We can not see the results of clikcs in a short time. It takes a while to update the tables and graphics. Moreover sometimes the document takes several minutes to open.

Is there any thing to improve the server performance? For example should we clean any log files or caches? Can anyone have an idea?

2 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hilmi,

do you have good (optimized) data model and expressions?

In my application i have 500 mln rows, 20 users, 100 GB RAM server. Of course dashboards need few seconds to refresh after selections, but it is acceptable time. I spent about 2 weeks on data model and expressions optimization

I am not administrator, so it is difficult for me to tell how to configure server. But remember about RAM for cache. Check also chow to configure NUMA.

Good luck!

Darek

Not applicable
Author

Dariusz thank you for your answer.

We are currently working on to optimize the data model. We are turning our model into multiple star schema.

I am also trying to find if there is a way to improve the server performance. That's why I am looking for  if there are some sort of maintenence to do on the server.