Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Period comparison based on the backlog

Hello All!

Need some help.

I have expression that calculates non-closed requests:

=RangeSum(Above (Count(DISTINCT {$< DateType={'WorkItemDeadline'} >}  %WorkItemUID)

-

Count(DISTINCT {$<DateType={'ActualFinish'} >}  %WorkItemUID), 0, RowNo()))

It's working fine on the diagram with "Month-Year" dimension (for the entire period):

1.png

But i can't figure out how to display my backlog categorized by the same periods. For example, months of the current year vs previous year.

When i change dimension to the "Month" and add 2 expressions for the years:

2017:

=rangesum(Above (Count(DISTINCT {$< DateType={'WorkItemDeadline'}, Year= {2017} >}  %WorkItemUID)

-

Count(DISTINCT {$<DateType={'ActualFinish'}, Year = {2017} >}  %WorkItemUID), 0, RowNo()))

2016:

=rangesum(Above (Count(DISTINCT {$< DateType={'WorkItemDeadline'}, Year= {"<2017"} >}  %WorkItemUID)

-

Count(DISTINCT {$<DateType={'ActualFinish'}, Year = {"<2017"} >}  %WorkItemUID), 0, RowNo()))

i have uncorrect result:

2.png

Сan anyone explain how to compare backlogs in different period? Backlog for 2017 year must include previous periods backlog. Thank you.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

Do you mean 15 or 16 for Jan 2017? If its 16, then try this

=Aggr((RangeSum(Above(TOTAL Count(DISTINCT {$< DateType={'WorkItemDeadline'}>}  %WorkItemUID)

-

Count(DISTINCT {$< DateType={'ActualFinish'} >}  %WorkItemUID), 0, RowNo(TOTAL)))) * Avg({<Year = {2017}>} 1), [Month-Year], Month)

Capture.PNG

I thought it would be 16 because it 2016 values match with 2016 values in the above chart, so I thought 2017 values should also match

Capture.PNG

But I could be wrong and might not have understood the logic. Feel free to point out if you think I have not understood your question clearly

Best,

Sunny

View solution in original post

4 Replies
sunny_talwar

Might be easier to help if you share a sample as we might need to play around to help better. Also share the numeric output you are looking to get

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Sunny, thank you for reply,

i have been attached qvw.

There is a list of requests with 3 dates (creation, completion and deadline).

I accumulate general backlog (requests to be resolved) by rangesum function (top diagram).

On the bottom diagram I need to show backlog 2017 vs 2016 years. Dimension = Month Name.

First month (January in 2017) would be 15, i.e. include previous period backlog (December 2016) and include current month (-1).

sunny_talwar

Do you mean 15 or 16 for Jan 2017? If its 16, then try this

=Aggr((RangeSum(Above(TOTAL Count(DISTINCT {$< DateType={'WorkItemDeadline'}>}  %WorkItemUID)

-

Count(DISTINCT {$< DateType={'ActualFinish'} >}  %WorkItemUID), 0, RowNo(TOTAL)))) * Avg({<Year = {2017}>} 1), [Month-Year], Month)

Capture.PNG

I thought it would be 16 because it 2016 values match with 2016 values in the above chart, so I thought 2017 values should also match

Capture.PNG

But I could be wrong and might not have understood the logic. Feel free to point out if you think I have not understood your question clearly

Best,

Sunny

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Sunny, of course 16 for January. Thank you so much Looks like exactly what i need.