Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Pervasive ODBC drivers?

We are trying to connect to a Pervasive Database, but apparently don't have the correct ODBC drivers.  We have an older version of Pervasive, but are getting an 'appcrash' error when connecting.  Qlikview Support says we need the most current version of the ODBC drivers.  Our contact with Pervasive is difficult to reach, so I thought I'd check here to see if anyone can send me the ODBC connections they are using and working successfully with QV 11.2.  If anyone can help out, I'd greatly appreciate it!!  Thanks~Rebecca

10 Replies
Not applicable
Author

I had read that on QV forums to install 32 bit drivers for PSQL. I tried installing 64 bit drivers after working through 32 bit drivers to check if they work. But doesn’t apparently. So that’s out of question.

Also 32 bit drivers, I checked and they are running from correct target location:  %windir%\SysWOW64\odbcad32.exe (as also suggested in forum).

When we query PSQL database from MS Access/Excel using these same ODBC connections, it works and we can retrieve the data. But when we try to run a query from QV Desktop app tool, we get errors. Even the simple Select statement queries do not run and gives us Architecture difference errors.

Not applicable
Author

Rebecca,

Did you find a solution?

Having similar problems ODBC connection working in XL, but not in QV.

Not applicable
Author

No, we did not get a solution. We were told that Qlikview no longer supports the Pervasive ODBC drivers. We had to use a completely alternate route to get the data into Qlikview.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks~RR

harvinderjohal
Creator
Creator

Hi Rebecca,

Curious if you can share what the alternate path that you used was to pull data from Pervasive into QlikView?

Harvey

Not applicable
Author

I have a client using Peachtree.  They mentioned it is PSQL, will they have the same issues?

felixobes
Contributor III
Contributor III

Seems so. I see that the conversation on thread ODBC drivers for PERVASIVE DB did not yield a result yet.

Anyone had a good experience pulling from Pervasive or is the effort not worthwhile and suggest raw csv exports?

Not applicable
Author

Ours seems to be working now.  Occassionally we get a fail due to null value.  Have not figured that one out yet but it is not consistent.  I have to check everyday until the set up a mail server on the QV server so we can get emailed alerts

felixobes
Contributor III
Contributor III

Well, I did manage to get the data in. Had to setup an ODBC Pervasive driver but 32 bit. The thing is that I am only being able to get data from one table at a time. Not multiple. Yet.

The driver I got was the trial one from Progress. It's the ODBC Direct Data Connect 7.1.2.

I still have not tried others, but I heard theirs was fast.