Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Pick values from other objects

Hi,

I have a QlikView document which contains a quite tricky and complex data model. Without going into details about my model, I feel I need to pick a value from another object, as it seems impossible to get the value I want from the ordinary expression in combination with preferred dimensions.

I think it's not possible in QlikView, but I want to ask anyway.. Is it possible to pick values from another object? I would like to have a hidden straight table with some values that I would like to reuse in my presentation object. It's easy to achive what I want in Excel, where I just can pick a value from any cell in my sheet, but is there a similar possibility in QlikView?

Thanks for your answers.

Best regards,

Filip

3 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Is it a single value or a list of values?

If it is a single value, might a variable be useful to store parts of your calculation in. Then can you retrieve the content from the variable and use it in your expression.

It might also be useful to hide one or several expressions/columns (depending on graph type), that you in another expression can then use for your complete calculation.

BR

Fredrik

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Of course it is a list of values..

How do I include another expression in my expression in the same table object?

Not applicable
Author

You can reference another expression within the same graph object by typing [ExpressionName].