Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Picking values based on Rank

Hi all,

I have a set of data and I would like to be able to compare the current value with the previous value. I may need to compare back a few versions down the line also.

Please see the attached PDF for the way the data is structured.

I am thinking that I should combine the Update ID and Audit Update ID values and then use the Rank function to order them. The top ranking item will be the current value and the next ranking item with be the previous item.  I would like to display this within a straight table.

The ranking should be grouped by Action Item ID.

I have no experience using the Rank function and would appreciate any help that the community can provide in terms of how best to approach this.

Many thanks,

Alan

5 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

please fiend the attachment of application and let me know it is us efull or not.

Regards

SHAIK

Not applicable
Author

Hi Shaik,

Thanks for your quick response.

Rather than ranking based on percentage complete, I would like the results to be ranked based on Update ID + Audit Update ID.

Your expression should do the trick. Would you mind explaining how it works esp the Aggr & Rank elements.

=Aggr(num(rank([% complete],4)),[Audit Update ID])

Thanks,

Alan

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

aggr function like group function only,how we are applying group function is scripting ,same like in chart,

how it will be working is,it will be create table based on [Audit Update ID] and after rank function will be create rank for them based on [% complete] value.if any query let me know.

Regards

SHAIK

Not applicable
Author

Hi Shaik,

I have been able to return the correct Audit Update ID using the below expression:

aggr(num(max([Audit Update ID],2)),[Update ID],[Action Item ID])

How do I return the % Complete?

Thanks,

Alan

Not applicable
Author

Anyone any ideas??

Thanks,

Alan