Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Pie Chart -- Percentages

I am converting this report into QV http://screencast.com/t/ChU9xWBA.  Does anyone know how to do those percentages.  I found where I can add the actual numbers in the legend but the percents are pretty valuable. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
stephencredmond
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

Add a 2nd expression - idential to the first.  Tick on the "Relative" check box.

Now, group the two expressions and you will get a cycle button that allows you to change from numbers to %.

Regards,

Stephen

View solution in original post

10 Replies
stephencredmond
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

Add a 2nd expression - idential to the first.  Tick on the "Relative" check box.

Now, group the two expressions and you will get a cycle button that allows you to change from numbers to %.

Regards,

Stephen

Not applicable
Author

I got all the way to the group and it worked but I am not sure where this cycle button is that will allow me to choose %

Not applicable
Author

I found it in the bottome left.  Thanks.

stephencredmond
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Yep.

If you hold down Ctrl+Shift, you can click on it and drag it around inside the chart.  I often place it to the right of the title.

Regards,

Stephen

Not applicable
Author

Is there a way to have the percents on the pie chart over the color like in the example http://screencast.com/t/ChU9xWBA

stephencredmond
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

I don't believe so.  Only in Bar charts.

Have you thought of using a bar chart instead?

You can affect the text popup, but not the value in the chart.

Regards,

Stephen

Not applicable
Author

That is interesting.  But in the example the percent is right on top of the pie section without referencing the legend.  Here I can only move the legend.  Do you know if it is possile to put 46% on top of the red section(or whatever is applicable). 

stephencredmond
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

Like I said before, I don't believe this is possible on a pie chart.

Regards,

Stephen

Not applicable
Author

How do I adjust that tooltip that comes up?  It has the expression etc in there and I want to make it a bit cleaner.