Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Pie Chart property

Hello,

My assumption is that, when we click on a legend in a pie chart, it will drill down further to the corresponding set of related data.

However, in the pie chart I created, I am unable to drill down.

Am I missing out on anything?

Thanks.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Sindhu,

I believe pie chart is not the best way to represent this information (since we have number of dept and number of employees in the same pie chart - making it incorrect comparison)

Easiest would be to create a straight table with all the fields whose information is needed as dimensions, and retaining the current expressions.

View solution in original post

8 Replies
er_mohit
Master II
Master II

delete that group and again  add new drill down group.

if doesn't work please share your sample data

Not applicable
Author

My pie chart has no dimensions. It has only three expressions.

Not applicable
Author

To be more precise,on clicking a pie slice inside the plot area, i am unable to make selection.

kji
Employee
Employee

Since you don't have a dimension, where do you expect this selection to happen?

Not applicable
Author

Hi Sindhu,

You can drill down only on a dimension; not on the expression. You should see if you can add the dimension on which you want to drill down.

Not applicable
Author

Hello all,

Balaji, I got it what you are trying to say and now it makes sense why I was unable to select. In the pie chart, All I want to display is the count , which I am able to get now.

e.g:=Sum(Aggr(If(Count(Distinct DEPT_ID) = 0, 1), EMP_ID))

=Sum(Aggr(If(Count(Distinct EMP_ID) = 0, 1), DEPT_ID))

With this , in my pie chart ,I can get the count of all the Employees which do not belong to any Department and all the Departments which do not have a Employee. 

However, I would like to see the details of many other dimensions like Purchase, sales etc corresponding to the above value in my other tabs. (Through existing objects)

e.g.details of the Customers , Departments etc which are calculated in the above pie chart.   

Not applicable
Author

Sindhu,

I believe pie chart is not the best way to represent this information (since we have number of dept and number of employees in the same pie chart - making it incorrect comparison)

Easiest would be to create a straight table with all the fields whose information is needed as dimensions, and retaining the current expressions.

Not applicable
Author

Thks Balaji and others for your inputs.