Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Pie Charts in v9.1

We just updated to version 9.1 today. In 8.5 we had various pie charts that only showed the relative percentages once. In 9.1 it's showing the relative percentages twice (see attached *.jpeg doc.). I've check marked every possible option within the chart properties. Is this a software bug, or am I missing something...

thanks,

rob

14 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Is there any solution for this problem??

johnw
Champion III
Champion III

Do you have both "Numbers on Data Point" and "Text on Data Point" selected? That would cause you to get two copies of the %, one for each. Select one or the other, not both.

Not applicable
Author

But it seems to be normal when I open from qlikview application, when I open it from IE it shows the value points twice.

johnw
Champion III
Champion III

Ah, sorry, no idea then.

pablolabbe
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

The Internet Explorer Plug-in was updated too ? I sugest you to update to SR3

Not applicable
Author

Sorry, What is SR3? How can I update it.

Thanks.

danielrozental
Master II
Master II

Or you could always use a barchart instead of a pie chart which would make more sense anyway, check this article http://www.quickqlearqool.nl/?p=669

johnw
Champion III
Champion III

Daniel Rozental wrote:Or you could always use a barchart instead of a pie chart which would make more sense anyway, check this article http://www.quickqlearqool.nl/?p=669

I consider visual design for information display to be more of an art than a science. I generally prefer to avoid being an art instructor, or climbing up on the visual design soapbox. There are plenty of people out there who can do that much better than I can.

But since it came up (Wink), yeah, I've never used a single pie chart in a single one of my applications in five years of QlikView development. I've never added a circular gauge. I have no 3D effects, no drop shadows, and no color gradients. I use very little color, and the color I do use is usually muted. My backgrounds are white. My text is black.

Yes, my applications look rather plain and lack visual impact. On the other hand, they are easily read and communicate the maximum amount of information with the minimum amount of visual distraction. When you use an application every day, you stop noticing how pretty it is, and start noticing how well it helps you do your job. THAT is what I'm after.

pablolabbe
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

SR mean Service Release. You haver Qlikview 9 SR1 and actually its available Qlikview 9 SR3 with many bugs corrected.