Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jduluc12
Creator
Creator

Pie chart shows only one first expression

Hi,

I am creating a pie chart with two expressions but it ends up showing only one expression on the chart. Is this how pie chart behaves?

Jean

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ganeshsvm
Creator II
Creator II

Actually, Pie chart is used to show Distribution of part over a whole set, like sales over Country.

So, taking one dimension and one measure would give a clear analysis.

Note: Dimensions with fewer values can give you good look to you chart.

If you take two measure with one dimension, the first expression would be visualized not the second, but the second also calculated bt not visualized, i.e, the 1st exp overlaps the 2nd exp(use values on data points to test).

and two exps without Dim will distribute the Values within the expression.(considers total of two expn as whole set and individual exps as part)

Hope you got some understanding.

-Ganesh

View solution in original post

6 Replies
sunny_talwar

Do you have a dimension in there? I think if you do... then it might not show both expressions. If you don't, then I don't see why it should not show you both expressions

Chanty4u
MVP
MVP

can you share dimension and expression tab  screen shots here?

jduluc12
Creator
Creator
Author

Let me understand...

r u saying that if i have dimension then it will not show expression so i should have my chart without dimension?

jduluc12
Creator
Creator
Author

Ok i just figured out one thing...

If i have just one dimension then It shows both expressions but i have 2 dimensions then i it shows only first expression for the first dimension and both dimensions for the second dimension.

Do you know why?

omkarvamsi
Creator
Creator

we can use only 1 or 2 dimensions and 1 measure .

In general,it is recommended to use 1 dimension and 1 measure for better understanding and for better view.

thank you

ganeshsvm
Creator II
Creator II

Actually, Pie chart is used to show Distribution of part over a whole set, like sales over Country.

So, taking one dimension and one measure would give a clear analysis.

Note: Dimensions with fewer values can give you good look to you chart.

If you take two measure with one dimension, the first expression would be visualized not the second, but the second also calculated bt not visualized, i.e, the 1st exp overlaps the 2nd exp(use values on data points to test).

and two exps without Dim will distribute the Values within the expression.(considers total of two expn as whole set and individual exps as part)

Hope you got some understanding.

-Ganesh