Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tschullo
Creator III
Creator III

Pivot Chart Calendar - How do I keep all months up regardless of selection?

I have a rather simple "Gantt chart" if you will, that tracks the progress of audits for the current year.

The table consists of a key to the audit table, audit status, audit phase and then month and week as dimensions and one expression that sets the gantt chart value for that phase (i.e. start  date, end date, space char for in between)

Capture.JPG

My issue is that when a selection is made say of Completed audits,

I lose weeks that have no data for "Completed" audits.

I would like my "full calendar" look to stay up regardless of selections.

Any ideas?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JonnyPoole
Employee
Employee

You may also need to select 'show all values' on the dimensions tab for each dimension and perhaps uncheck 'suppress zeros' and 'suppress missing' on the presentation tab ... as you know by default qlik charts 'listen' to the selections but also by default they suppress zero or missing columns and rows.  That should cover it.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

tried to select the option detached.1.PNG

Not applicable

Hi Tony,

There are several ways to do this including detaching the object or to use alternative state. My recommendation however would be to use set analysis and add a {1} into your expression to always show the full data set, independent of selections.

Good luck!

JonnyPoole
Employee
Employee

You may also need to select 'show all values' on the dimensions tab for each dimension and perhaps uncheck 'suppress zeros' and 'suppress missing' on the presentation tab ... as you know by default qlik charts 'listen' to the selections but also by default they suppress zero or missing columns and rows.  That should cover it.

tschullo
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Thanks Jonathan,  I had the 'show all values', unchecking 'suppress zeroes/missing' did the trick.

I really appreciate your quick response.

This works better than detach because I did want to be able to select subsets of the data, I just didn't want to lose parts of my calendar in the process.

Thanks again!