Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Pivot Display - Expanding - Allow Pivot

Hi Guys,

I have a requirement that a P&L pivot is set to disallow pivoting, but the pivot level remain inconsistent. Please see the image below.

error loading image

You will see that the bottom three lines have not been pivoted. It is necessary that these remain unpivoted and the user cannot interact with them in any way.

Is this possible?

I've tried to uncheck 'Allow Pivoting' but to no avail.

Thanks.

4 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi Matt,

If you want to expand all the columns / selected columns, right click the particular column and Select the "Expand all".

If you want to expand all the column on whole, choose the properties and in the presentation tab you will find the option "Always full expand". This will expand all the columns.

If i'm correct ok, if not could you please tell me clearly.

Not applicable
Author

sorry, i want inconsistent expansion levels. I don't want to full expand the whole pivot table.

Not applicable
Author

There seems to be no way to set non-expansion for single fields in a column (at least not that I can find easily), but there is a small trick that might work for you.

If the display of the table never changes, you could create a text box object with full opacity and put that on top of the table. That way, nobody can make a selection in the table.

Not applicable
Author

If you make it as Detached under the general tab it seems to do the trick. But test it thoroughly as that might bring about unwanted behavior