cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Pivot Table Partial Sums not displaying

Hi All,

I have the below issue, i know the field Total is in,my intention is to exclude this on load, however the problem remains.  My partial sums calculation does not work, I have changed the format of my QTY fields to NUM, but did not seem to resolve the issue.

Please assist, what am I missing here?

Capture.JPG

The partial sums is set up on Description, as i want the totals pertaining to all the descriptions together?

Thanks in Advance !

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

Are you using the field names without any aggregation here? Like QTY is a field which is being used here without the Sum() function? If that is true, then try this Sum(QTY)

View solution in original post

7 Replies
sunny_talwar

Are you using the field names without any aggregation here? Like QTY is a field which is being used here without the Sum() function? If that is true, then try this Sum(QTY)

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Ruan,

It is normal because the pivot table evaluate your partial sum like this : total of QTY for all description by FILE.

Try to use "Sum of rows" ; may be it will be your solution.

Go to the expressions tab and check sum of rows.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

This seems to work , however, the total displayed is incorrect.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

The option to sum by rows is grayed out.  however the above solution by Sunny is working, just needs tweaking.

Regards,

sunny_talwar

What is it displaying? What do you expect it to display?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Sorry, I was just looking at the wrong total, thought the total was at the bottom not top. Thanks for your help !

Much appreciated.

sunny_talwar

No problem.. you can move the placement of total on the presentation tab.... If you got what you wanted, please close this thread by marking correct and helpful responses.

Qlik Community Tip: Marking Replies as Correct or Helpful

Best,

Sunny