Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
billuran
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Pivot Table Sum Aggregation based on Aggr Expressions

Hello All,

I have a pivot table with an expression that compares a Region's department's actual performance to a target and then from there creates a value of opportunity. Here is the expression.

(((Target-(sum({<[Exclude Hours]={'NO'},[Pay Type]={'Productive'}>} Hours)/Aggr(sum([Service Units]*Weight),Charged_BU,Charged_deptid)))*Aggr(sum([Service Units]*Weight),Charged_BU,Charged_deptid)/ppcount)*26/2080)))

Basically I cannot get this expression to total to the parent row of the pivot table. IE total each department's value to the appropriate region. It just shows -

Please let me know what other information i can provide.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

Do you want this to be the sum of rows? For 110, do you want to see -0.1+0.9-0.4 = 0.4?

May be try like this:

Sum(Aggr(

(((Target-(sum({<[Exclude Hours]={'NO'},[Pay Type]={'Productive'}>} Hours)/Aggr(sum([Service Units]*Weight),Charged_BU,Charged_deptid)))*Aggr(sum([Service Units]*Weight),Charged_BU,Charged_deptid)/ppcount)*26/2080))),

Bus...DimensionHere, Department))

Unable to see the full name for Bus...Dimension, but replace that with the actual field name from your QlikView application

View solution in original post

4 Replies
sunny_talwar

Would you be able to share some screenshots to show where exactly are you having the issue and if possible share your qvw?

billuran
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Sunny T, The FTE Variance is what I am after.

Capture.PNG

sunny_talwar

Do you want this to be the sum of rows? For 110, do you want to see -0.1+0.9-0.4 = 0.4?

May be try like this:

Sum(Aggr(

(((Target-(sum({<[Exclude Hours]={'NO'},[Pay Type]={'Productive'}>} Hours)/Aggr(sum([Service Units]*Weight),Charged_BU,Charged_deptid)))*Aggr(sum([Service Units]*Weight),Charged_BU,Charged_deptid)/ppcount)*26/2080))),

Bus...DimensionHere, Department))

Unable to see the full name for Bus...Dimension, but replace that with the actual field name from your QlikView application

billuran
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Worked!, Cheers!