Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Pivot Table and dimension

I have a pivot table wich has a few dimensions. For some reason, sometimes the last dimension disappear. If I change the pivot table to a straight table the dimension appear, and if I change the dimension's position in the pivot table it also appear.

I don't see any different check box between the dimensions, and the position of the dimension is between is the last before the first expression.

Could somebody help me with it?

Manny thanks

8 Replies
johnw
Champion III
Champion III

Just in case, are you talking about the dimension being collapsed? It's trivial for a user (or programmer) to collapse a dimension in a pivot table, causing it to "disappear". I assume that's not what you're talking about, but I thought I'd start there, since I haven't thought of anything else.

Not applicable
Author

Hi John

You are assuming well. It is not the case. It looks wierd to me, because for some reason we don't know it disappear. If it helps you. we are working with QlikView 8.5.

I will appreciate any suggestion you can make.

Many thanks

PS: Still learning english. If there is something that you don't understand let me know and I'll try to rewrite it.

Not applicable
Author

Can you post your QVW (or the broken nit of it) and give steps to repro? Sounds like something I'd need to see to understand.

Not applicable
Author

I'm afraid that I can't

Thanks anyway

Not applicable
Author

It happens to me many times, I realize that the problem was the # of dimensions.

Anyway, everytime that happens to me I solved in the same way: rebuild your table (in a new table, copying expressions).

I don't know why it happens, but at least you could make it work.

Let me know if this works for you too.

Not applicable
Author

If I clone the table is it not the same?

The act of clone a table, is the same than rebuild the original table with a new name?

Not applicable
Author

Theorically yes, but when I cloned tables I also cloned the problem.

Not applicable
Author

Just in case it helps someone.

I had the same problem and I noticed that my problem was because when my dimensions are collapsed, the sum of each one of my expressions equals 0 then I think it is why it disappear because it does not displays when all expressions = 0.

So if I uncheck the "Suppress null values" property (I am not sure of the property name mine is in french) then it works.

Hope this help!

Patrick