Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Pivot Table showing expand icon even there is no value

Hi,

I have a pivot table with 10 hierarchy level fields, level01,level02... Even my rows are having 3 or 4 levels the expand button is showing up.

Is there a way not to show the expand '+' button if the values are not there.

If it is default behaviour of qlikview pivot table, Can we customize it and how?

Thanks in Advance,

Chris

6 Replies
sibideepak
Creator II
Creator II

Hello sega1985 ,

In pivot table ,

Dimension Tab-->Check Suppress When Value is Null for all dimension or for what you dont want to show null values.

Then Apply It should work

Not applicable
Author

Hi

Deepak idea should work. If not please let us know.

Thanks

Not applicable
Author

1.PNG2.PNG3.PNG
Deepak, It didn't worked
See images for what i tried.

The count i used in pivot table is Count(ID)

Image1: Data in table

Image2: Pivot table without suppress nulls(Highlighted area should not be coming)

Image3: Pivot table with suppress nulls(When i use this, it is removing whole record)

Not applicable
Author

1.PNG2.PNG3.PNG

Deepak, It didn't worked

See images for what i tried. 

The count i used in pivot table is Count(ID)

Image1: Data in table

Image2: Pivot table without suppress nulls(Highlighted area should not be coming)

Image3: Pivot table with suppress nulls(When i use this, it is removing whole record)

adiarnon
Creator III
Creator III

i have the same problem

do you know how to solve it?

adi

ToniKautto
Employee
Employee

Please notice that the dimension value expand for rows where the expression returns a value. If your expression returns NULL for the rows you want to hide, this will be possible with the chart properties settings.

In your example you obviously have a expression result for the rows that you expect to not see. It is fairly reasonable to display calculated results.

There is no simple answer to how you can approach resolving the issue in this specific case based on screenshots. It is a matter of picking a suitable solution based on your application and data model.

Please attach a simple QVW file so that you can get more detailed advise.