Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
varunamin
Contributor III
Contributor III

Pivot Table

Hi,

I have a pivot table and 3 fields in Dimensions and 8 expressions. Have created a button to filter out based on some criteria.

Table has Manager hierarchy: Columns as MGR1, MGR2, Features and so on...

When we click on button, some of the features which have blank details (Expression columns) do not show up under Hierarchy. MGR1, MGR 2 shows as blank and the features are shown separately.

Is there a way where we could display features under those Managers even when the other columns are blank.

Please help. Thanks!

Labels (3)
7 Replies
rubenmarin

Hi, if features are shown in rows with blank manager is because there is no relation between that features and it's managers... or maybe I haven't undertod the issue, if you could post a sample or at least some captures it will help to understand your issue.

varunamin
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi,

The columns after 'Colt' are all expressions. The 1st row displays the Managers (Patt, Cindy) as expressions have values in them. The rows after Colt do not show managers even though their managers are hard coded in the dataset.

I know the values are blank for expressions but they should display their managers. Below is the screenshot. 

Hope this helps. Thanks!

Capture.PNG

rubenmarin

Hi, still hard to know without sample... just guessing: maybe the expressions have different managers in different rows of data, so if you call the field 'Manager' it has many values and nothing is shown. When an expression can return diffrent values you need to use an aggregation function so it only returns one value (returning many values will only return Null().

You can use Concat(Manager, ',') to merge all different managers sepparated by commas, so it will be a single value that can be shown as a result of expression.

varunamin
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi,

The data is coming from Alteryx where I have written a If statement for each employee and their Managers. Table is pivot in Qlikview. (Mgr1, Mg2, Mgr3) are Dimensions and (1,2,3,4) are expressions.

So all employees have different managers. Currently its showing as below where Mgr1 and Mgr 2 is shown as blank  for (Devan, Michael, Kristi) as (1,2,3,4) columns have no data.

1.PNG

Ideally it should show as below where (Devan, Michael, Kristi) should show mgrs irrespective if Columns (1,2,3,4) are blank.

2.PNG

Also these fields go blank when I click on a button and when a certain criteria is not met. Is there anything I need to change in Button logic?

Hope this helps you get a better idea of the problem.  Thanks!

rubenmarin

Hi, Still I don't understand why Mgr3 is shown but not Mgr1 and Mgr2, are Mgr1, Mgr2 and Mgr3 in the same table?

Can you try adding an expresion with a fixed "= ' '"? just to check if in that case it shows something on Mgr1 and Mgr2. If it works you can use something similar to: If(Len([YourExpression])>0,[YourExpression], ' ')

varunamin
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi,

Yes all 3 columns are in same table. I tried your solution but same results.

Been searching for solutions since past 2 weeks. I guess such kind of pivot tables are not possible in Qlikview. 

Thanks for the help!

rubenmarin

Ok, but maybe is some mosunderstanding. If you can upload a sample that shows the problem maybe we can find a solution.

With inline you can create sample data to make a fixed scenario to make some tests.