cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
googel84
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Pivot table - Expression visibility

Hi, I created a pivot table that has some dimensions vertical-wise and two dimensions horizontal-wise.

Tabellone - Condizionamento colonne.png

The target is to hide Fatt. (pz) only when Anno is 2011 and Mese is 'dic'.

I don't think it is feasable, to be honest, as I think you can only govern the expression overall visibility.

Any ideas?

Thanks

10 Replies
vishsaggi
Champion III
Champion III

Hi Alberto,

Could it be possible to share some sample application here ??

In expression tab you have a conditional check box to give a condition for that specific expression field. Need little more information on this.

Thanks,
V.

deec
Creator
Creator

set analysis Operators

Sum({$ - $<Anno={2011}> * $<Mese={'dlc'}>} Amount)

That should give you everything except the intersection of 2011 and dlc. If you added parenthesis it would look like this: but they're not needed because of order of operations on Set operators.

Sum({$ - ($<Anno={2011}> * $<Mese={'dlc'}>)} Amount)

googel84
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Hi, thanks for your reply. For some reasons I cannot reply and attach at the same time, even with advanced editor...

I was already aware of the Enable option and relevant condition and it does not represent a solution to the problem as it lets you define a condition to enable or disable your expression as a whole. I mean, it lets you hide Fatt. (pz) from the whole pivot table, not from only a portion of it.

Thanks anyway.

vishsaggi
Champion III
Champion III

Try this.

vishsaggi
Champion III
Champion III

Hello Alberto,

Did you try that, did it solve your issue?

vinieme12
Champion III
Champion III

I don't think suppressing an expression for a particular dimension value is possible.

Vineeth Pujari
If a post helps to resolve your issue, please accept it as a Solution.
googel84
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

No, this way you are hiding Fatt. (pz) (every occurrence of it) when only dic-2011 is available.

This is not the target.

vinieme12
Champion III
Champion III

This is not possible in a Pivot table

Vineeth Pujari
If a post helps to resolve your issue, please accept it as a Solution.
deec
Creator
Creator

Alberto, did this end up working for you? It worked for me on first try.

The original chart had many Anno and Mese values shown in a pivot

After using that set analysis on the expression, no values are returned for the intersection of 2011 and dlc, so that expression is hidden ONLY in that intersection.

hidden is not really the right word... it's just not there because the expression is set to ignore all the values.