Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
svanderwerf
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

Pivot table and Rank: show ranking of specific dimension value

Hi,

I've been struggling with this for hours now and I can't seem to find a solution.

I want to display a table with total number of vehicles per vehicle type per country and then add a column which shows the ranking of a specific country in it (in this case 'Netherlands').

So far I've been able to make a pivot table showing the number of vehicles per type and per country and - in a seperate pivot table - the ranking of 'Netherlands' in this table:

VehicleCountryBelgiumFranceNetherlands
Bicycles 120015003000
Cars 500600200
Trains 80200100

and

VehicleDutch Ranking
Bicycles1
Cars3
Trains2

I want the column 'Dutch Ranking' to be added as a column to the first table. Any thoughts?

(BTW: I attached the example QVW).

Thanks!

Stevan

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable

Try with pick,

regards

Darek

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Not applicable

You can add the Dutch Ranking column to first table.

But it will display 2 expressions below each country like no.ofVehicles and  'Dutch Ranking'.

and in  'Dutch Ranking' it will display data only for Netherlands as u have mentioned in expression Country= 'Dutch Ranking'.

Find the attached sample for this.

svanderwerf
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor
Author

Hi Priya,

Thanks for your quick reply. I really need to display the ranking only once. Just adding it as an extra expression won't do the trick.

I also tried to add the Dutch ranking as a calculated dimension. I think that would be the way to solve this, but I can't get that to work.

Not applicable

Try with pick,

regards

Darek

Not applicable

Please let me know how do you like example, i have attached into previous

Regards

Darek

svanderwerf
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor
Author

Great!!!

SecondaryDimensionality() and Dimensionality(): never tried it, but that's exactly what I was looking for.

I also found an interesting article on this:

Qlikview Subtotaling Customization: Part 2 |

Not applicable

Hi,

Could u pls explain the expression u have written so it would be easier for us to understand

?

Not applicable

Hi,

I turned on "Show Partial Sum" for Country Dimension (Properties/Presentation Tab).

My expression is:

pick(SecondaryDimensionality()+1,only({< Country = {'Netherlands'} >} aggr( Rank( sum({< Country = >} NoOfVehicles) ), Vehicle, Country)),sum(NoOfVehicles))

Please, check what values gives in your pivot table SecondaryDimensionality().

Simple enable 2'nd expression in your pivot.

It is 1 for detailed data and 0 for our total.

pick(nbr, exp_1,expr_2, ....) lets you take expression Exp_nbr from list of expression.

So, in our case you need (as you told):

a) only({< Country = {'Netherlands'} >} aggr( Rank( sum({< Country = >} NoOfVehicles) ), Vehicle, Country)) - for totals

(SecondaryDimensionality()+1 = 1 for totals) 

b) sum(NoOfVehicles) - for detailed rows

(SecondaryDimensionality()+1 = 2 for detailed cels)

Sometimes, in more complex cases, you may need another approach, like in this thread:

Re: Num of colum with and without data

regards

Darek