Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lumino
Contributor II
Contributor II

Pivot table - how to place horizontal dimension header row above vertical dimension labels

Hi, When I create a horizontal dimension I'm finding that the dimension name is displayed in a column to the left of its value columns, on the same row as the vertical dimension headers, resulting in a blank column.

In the screenshot attached "exposure_type" is the horizontal dimension and "CVA", "FVA Risky" etc are the dimension's discrete values.

In the Qlik docs it shows a horizontal dimension (Product) having label and values placed above the vertical dimension headers.

How can I get my "exposure_type" label to stop taking up an entire column?

Many thanks!

qlik_pivot_question.png

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rubenmarin

Hi, that screenshot looks different because there are 2 expressions, if there were only one expression the Product dimension will be one row down, and with the blank column for the text 'Product'

If vertical dimension looks clear what it is you can set the label of the dimension as an empty space and drag the column to remove the extra space used, or specify it chart title like 'by exposure type'

View solution in original post

3 Replies
rubenmarin

Hi, that's the way horizontal dimensions are shown, you can set an empty blank space as label of the 'exposure type'dimension and insert a calculated dimension like ='Exposure type' to emulate the text, but it will show the minus and plus sign to expand/coillapse this dimension.

Also, if dimension values are fixed you can insert a text box above above the table to write the header
Lumino
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Many thanks for the reply Rubenmarin,

I'm trying to avoid the unnecessary blank column under the dimension name, so my original question is not quite right -  I've edited the title and text to be more accurate (apologies!) See the "Product" horizontal dimension in the attached screenshot from the docs - that's the kind of thing I want because the "Product" label doesn't require a blank column underneath it. I've figured out that if I add multiple expressions then I get this arrangement, but I only want one (sum) expression.

Thanks,

Liam

rubenmarin

Hi, that screenshot looks different because there are 2 expressions, if there were only one expression the Product dimension will be one row down, and with the blank column for the text 'Product'

If vertical dimension looks clear what it is you can set the label of the dimension as an empty space and drag the column to remove the extra space used, or specify it chart title like 'by exposure type'