Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vbalazs_qv
Contributor II
Contributor II

Pivot tables on mobile

I have a QV application that contains pivot tables. Normally when using the application on my PC I can reorganize rows and columns. However I can't figure out how I can do the same when using the application on mobile or iPad.

Is there any way I can do it ?

Thanks,

Balázs

Labels (3)
6 Replies
vbalazs_qv
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Anyone had this problem before ?

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

You are going to need to provide further information on this one, we need to know if you are using the Ajax client via the mobile client or did you download the mobile client from the app store for the mobile device, that is key information on this one.  We also need to know version you are running too, the full build number, xx.xx.xxxxx.  

About the best I can offer otherwise is the following Help link to be sure what you are expecting is the documented functionality, but this is for the Ajax Client/Web View mode:

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview/April2020/Subsystems/Client/Content/QV_QlikView/Ajax/WebView_Pi...

For the Mobile client, please see the following link for documentation:

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview/April2020/pdf/QlikView%20Mobile%20Client.pdf

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.
vbalazs_qv
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi Brett,

Thanks for your reply.

I tried this both in the Ajax client and the app. None of them seemed to work.

The version I'm using is 12.20.20600.0

And once again what I'm trying to do is described in the attached picture. Normally this would be the most simple thing, but I can't figure out how to do it using the application on mobile or iPad.

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

The latest build for 12.20 is 21100, so I would recommend you test with that build, but you may want to consider moving to one of the newer point releases, as support on 12.20 will end this coming November.  I did a quick test in 12.50 putting Desktop into WebView, and I have no issue pivoting a dimension there.  I have been trying to get to one of my servers to see what I can do with my iPhone, but due to VPN on my laptop, unable to get to it, and the demo site appears to be having issues too, as could not get any of the apps to load up for me to try things there.  That would be the other thing you could try, but I am pretty sure you are likely going to have same issue I had with the demo site, but you can try, demo.qlik.com, to see if you do have any better luck.  I have tried a few times now, and I just cannot get it to load up.  Will keep trying this afternoon and shout back if I can actually get something open later to test.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.
vbalazs_qv
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

I also tried the web client on my computer. Worked without any problems. The problem only exists when I try it from my mobile phone or an iphone or ipad.

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Pretty sure things are likely working as expected, and the issue is 'touch-enabled' device, here is Help link to things:

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview/April2020/Subsystems/Client/Content/QV_QlikView/Ajax/WebView_To...

I tested on a Surface Pro device and I saw the exact same behavior as my iPhone at that point, so if things are touch-enabled only, then the behavior is different.  The only thing you could do is check the Ideas area of Community to see what is posted there and if nothing related to what you want, you could post something there.  The only other thing would be the QlikView Mobile Client potentially, but I would suspect that may have similar limitations, but I am not sure.  I honestly do not know if we have done a new release on that recently, do not believe so, so that may prove a problem too.  Sorry I do not have anything better for you.

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Ideas/idb-p/qlik-ideas

Regards,
Brett