Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Pop up Text with more information

Hi Experts,

I have a requirement to show the below scenario in Charts. Could you please help me.

Scenario:

In the Bar Chart, I am showing the Sales Amount value (converted to Million). Hence The "Values on Data Points" shows the rounded value on the bar. My requirement is on the text pop up, the actual value has to displayed instead of the rounded value.

Example:

Actual Sales Amount : 5,720,530

Rounded to million : 6 Million

Hence, Number 6 shows in the bar, but the text popup needs to show the actual value.

Thanks in advance,

Karthik

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Siva_Sankar
Master II
Master II

Try using Custom Pop up.

Step 1

For your existing expression, make sure that the "Text as Popup" option is turned off.

Step 2

Add a new Expression that calculates out the correct string that you want to display in your popop with all the correct formatting.  For this expression, turn on that "Text as popup" option.  But we don't want the chart trying to display a real bar for this expression so take off the "Bar" option (the icon for the expression will change from the Bar icon to a text bubble icon).

Step 3

We need to stop the default popup - on the Presentation tab, turn off the "Pop-up labels" option.

Regards.

Siva

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Siva_Sankar
Master II
Master II

Try using Custom Pop up.

Step 1

For your existing expression, make sure that the "Text as Popup" option is turned off.

Step 2

Add a new Expression that calculates out the correct string that you want to display in your popop with all the correct formatting.  For this expression, turn on that "Text as popup" option.  But we don't want the chart trying to display a real bar for this expression so take off the "Bar" option (the icon for the expression will change from the Bar icon to a text bubble icon).

Step 3

We need to stop the default popup - on the Presentation tab, turn off the "Pop-up labels" option.

Regards.

Siva

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Kartik

You could create a dedicated expression in your Chart and for enable Values on Data Points and disable Values on Data Points.  Within this expression use the filed you want but do not round it.

Plus on your current expression disable Values on Data Points.

Best Regards,     Bill

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

if you want to exactly display figures like  5,720,530  then use sum (amount) and in number tab

select integer radio button. but instead if you try to convert in million as sum (amount)/1000000

then you will get values on data point as  6 on top of each bar but instead if you want actual figures

then select in Number Tab Fixed to 5 Decimals. you will see it will not show rounded values either in

text pop- up  or on top of charts.

anant 

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I found an issue related to custom popup that it only appears when I check Popup Labels in Presentation Tab.... If I un-check it, none of the popup appears.... Is there any issue in latest build or I am missing something.

a. Its bar Chart

b. None of the expression have text as popup selected except one which has Bar un-selected

c. If I un-check Popup Labels in presentation tab, no popup show, but if check it, both standard and customize popup appears.

Thanks,

devoas.

jafari_ervin
Creator III
Creator III

Dear shankarece,

I did it before but now I could not to create popup like this,when I disable popup labels on expression tab then my custom popup disable too. when I promoted custom popup expression to the first expression the popup show but when I had two dimension this trick not work.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Bill,

In stacked bar chart if i have two expression, out of two expression if am selecting one expression as text as popup the popup value is showing on both segments, is there any way to restrict to show popup only in the expression which is defined as text as popup.

Thanks,

Subhransu