Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Presenting an image from a website

Dear All,

I want to show weather information on my dashboard. I found sample codes on share qlikviews section. But I cannot succeed to get the weather condition icon from the website. How can I do that.

Hope to have your support soon.

Best Regards,

Asim Akin

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Hi Asim

Attached is a tiny sample of how to change the image dynamically with images from Google Weather.

You need to include the imagefile in your document during the reload using bundle info load.

The Google API for weather forecast seems to be fairly straight forward as it is all in XML and the already have provided part of the URL for the image in one of the rows.

/Martin

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Do you have a URL for the image you want to use? For example, Weather Underground uses something like: http://weathersticker.wunderground.com/weathersticker/big2_cond/language/www/US/MN/Minneapolis.gif

Then put that URL into a text box and set the Representation to image (start the URL with an equals sign and surround it with single quotes).

Not applicable
Author

Dear Milller,

I tried your suggestion before but I want to show the image dynamically. For example when I reload the file I would like to have the weather condition with the icon as below:

http://www.google.com/ig/images/weather/cloudy.png

So I need a dynamic solution.

Best Regards,

Not applicable
Author

Hi Asim

Attached is a tiny sample of how to change the image dynamically with images from Google Weather.

You need to include the imagefile in your document during the reload using bundle info load.

The Google API for weather forecast seems to be fairly straight forward as it is all in XML and the already have provided part of the URL for the image in one of the rows.

/Martin