Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
denwo2010
Creator
Creator

Prevent User from Inserting New Sheet Object

Hi,

Is it possible disable "New Sheet Object" from users so that they cannot add their own filters and charts etc...?

Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
denwo2010
Creator
Creator
Author

I have done it now by doing the following:

Document Properties

Server

Untick "Allow Server Objects"

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Not applicable

Yes, its possible just go to Settings>Document Properties>Security Tab>Uncheck Add sheet..

Geeked

denwo2010
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi, I have just done that and I can still right click on the tab, select "New Sheet Object" and select "List Box" for example and then have my own filter selection?

Not applicable

Go to sheet properties:- uncheck add sheet objects and check Apply to all sheets option.

denwo2010
Creator
Creator
Author

I have done it now by doing the following:

Document Properties

Server

Untick "Allow Server Objects"

Not applicable

But, if you Untick "Allow Server Objects" in server, it will not allow users to share the Bookmarks. So, to allow users to share Bookmarks and restrict them to create New sheet Objects, the best way is suggested by swatipanwal above.

Not applicable

But, if you Untick "Allow Server Objects" in server, it will not allow users to share the Bookmarks. So, to allow users to share Bookmarks and restrict them to create New sheet Objects, the best way is suggested by swatipanwal above as Go to sheet properties:- Uncheck Add Sheet Objects and check Apply to all sheets option.