Qlik Community

QlikView App Dev

Discussion Board for collaboration related to QlikView App Development.

Announcements
Customer & Partners, DEC. 9, 11 AM ET: Qlik Product & Strategy Roadmap Session: Data Analytics REGISTER NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ivandrago
Creator II
Creator II

Prevent field from being cleared on sheet

Hi,

I have on one of my sheets a Sheet Event Trigger which will always show on the selection box Status = 'CLOSED', is it possible when a user clears the sheet it will prevent this field from being cleared? At the moment it will clear the field but when I go to another sheet and return back to that sheet the Status = 'CLOSED' will show; I want it to somehow not clear this field from the selection box altogether?

Thanks

Ivan

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable

Option 1:

Select at least one value and then Right click - Go to properties -----> General Tab ------------> Enable - "Always one selected Value"

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Not applicable

Option 1 : You can make the field "always One selected value" .

Option 2: Use a clear Button which will -

ACTION : 'Clear Other Fields' Field: Status

See if it works

ivandrago
Creator II
Creator II
Author

HI,

Could you show a example of option 1, yeah I thought about option 2 but they also could click the clear button that is defaulted by QlikView which would clear it.

Thanks

Not applicable

Option 1:

Select at least one value and then Right click - Go to properties -----> General Tab ------------> Enable - "Always one selected Value"

View solution in original post

johnw
Champion III
Champion III

Maybe lock the field when entering the sheet, and unlock the field when exiting the sheet?

Not applicable

Hi,

I want to revive this thread by further detailing the same question. I use QV 11 functionality of selecting dimensions of a chart (straight table) by checking a listbox with these dimensions (that is loaded as an unlinked table in the data model).

The user will select the dimensions she/he wants to see, then select in other fields. Upon pressing the QV Clear button all selections get cleared included the selected dimensions. Is there a way to set the Dimension listbox field not to be cleared by the in-built Clear button?

The list box field name is hidden and there are many fileds that are typically selected at any time so I doubt that lock selections will be a convenient solution.

Do you know any solution to this?

Thanks.

Not applicable

ok I found a possible way - I lock the selections in the listbox and select Overwrite Locked Field, then new selections of dimensions can still be made, and the Clear button doesn't clear them.